Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kenny & Zukes Sandwich Works: Round 2

Tuesday, Dwayne and I decided to hit KZSW for a quick bite. We got on the streetcar and made our way to NW Thurman and 23rd. Bound to not make the same mistake as last time, we ordered the meatball sub and torta and went halves. I got a little excited and ordered Ken's Chili as well. My final consensus was that the meatball was amazing. It was incredibly rich and the bread was nice and toasty. It gave a nice crunch and flavor to the sandwich. Dwayne thought it was too stiff but, I liked it. I think this blows Bunk's meatball out of the water. I found the meatball at Bunk to be mundane and disappointing. The torta was good. It was a solid sandwich. After eating the meatball first though, it seemed kind of boring. The meatball by far is the standout sandwich and KZSW in my opinion. The torta is on artisan bread and I prefer and pillowy softer bread, like the tortas I've seen around town. This torta seemed almost like a different sandwich. It had good flavor though, as I didn't use the hot sauce I brought to the table. I think I prefer Bunk's torta, as it was richer and more memorable, however, these two sandwiches are difficult to compare. Ken's chili was fine. I immediately regretted getting it though as with my diet I have not been consuming as much food. I was full after the first two sandwiches. I also had a few bites of Dwayne's mac salad which was fine too. All in all it was a good visit. I would suggest getting the meatball sub or their reuben. The torta is good too and I'd like to try the cubano. Get out there and try some good sandwiches!

I only have one bad picture from my phone as I couldn't email the others. It is of the torta and Ken's Chili. Also, my sushi making mission trip report will be coming soon, possibly tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment