Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Hour: Clyde Common


Clyde Common
1014 S.W. Stark Street
Portland, OR 97205
503-228-3333
www.clydecommon.com

I slid into Clyde Common for happy hour the other day. This was my first time checking out this swanky restaurant connected to Stumptown and The Ace Hotel. Surrounded by suits and upper-echelon hipsters, I ordered a beer and watched bar prodigy, Jeffrey Morgenthaler, and his team of bartenders pump out some great looking drinks. He writes an interesting blog, dissecting the world of the bartender. It was relatively quiet when I arrived, and by the time I left all of the bar stools were occupied. I obviously couldn't walk into a swanky happy hour without trying just a little food. I split a burger with blue cheese and bacon and some fries with a buddy of mine. The burger was right up there with perfect. It was cooked slightly more than I would have liked, but not to a point of dissatisfaction. The tomato chutney was nice and tangy, while not overpowering the flavor of the burger. The fries came with a spicy African dipping sauce and some creamy white sauce, perhaps ranch. I'd imagine its something slightly fancier, as that appears to be their style. I also had a Bloody Mary to add some data to my new project. As I expected, it was a delicious Bloody, as all of the cocktails produced at this place are done with great care and consideration. I'll be back to try some more of their cocktails and maybe other food items

No comments:

Post a Comment